Thursday, March 31, 2011

Technognome Salvation

I have to apologize, yet again, for disappearing.

The sad fact is that the majority of the posts that I wrote were from work. Despite popular claims, I do actually do work at work, but I have long periods of downtime which allow me to flitter away my time on silly things like blogs and self improvement through wikipedia surfing.

But unfortunately my work is currently without internet. It shouldn't be, but it's shocking to me how dependent we are on these tubes and things. The upside being that since it went down mid-January, I've read more, do the entire puzzle page in the paper almost every day, and carry on long winded conversations about important matters, such as politics, how much politics suck, and how much I truly don't care about curling.

Oh, please don't take my current post to mean happy news that we've restored internet. Oh heavens no. Through the ingenuity of my tech savvy compadres, my cellphone is magically providing a little netbook with the ability to access the interwebs. I think I understand this process in theory, and if I tried I'm sure I could dissect exactly how this is possible, but I prefer to imagine my phone as a magical little device with a small gnome inside who powers my every whim. He is currently communicating with the tiny gnome in the netbook, and together they have decided to share with me some of their magic so that I may explain myself to all of you (read: 2) nice people who have wondered in passing, "Hey, that blog na does, what ever happened to that?"

Thank you, little technognomes. Thank you.