Ola, mi amigos.
Yes, I went and disappeared. That happens sometimes. I took a few days off work, and took some time to realign my chi.
Alright, actually my chi feels horribly out of alignment, but I'm working on that. Since I was purposefully ignoring work for a few days, I'm completely out of the loop in terms of exciting new media events and stories. So I would love to offer unique insight into the latest buzz, but my buzz is more of a pathetic honking noise.
In truth, my mind has been pre-occupied with two things: Mental Health and Dogs.
Mental Health because I've been struggling with being off my medications (there is no possible way to say that and not sound koo-koo) and getting my ducks in order to return to school and finish my Psychology degree. It has been suggested that I am indeed koo-koo to attempt work and school and managing an anxiety/panic disorder at the same time, but nothing risked nothing gained. Except possibly peace and quiet. One would imagine that if you didn't risk anything, you'd enjoy a pleasant life of peace and quiet.
Dogs because the hubby and I have been shopping around for a new dog. The loss of our shepherd Mandy was devastating in its abrupt violence, so the journey towards deciding we were ready for another dog and the ongoing pursuit of finding the right dog has been emotional, at best. Both Mandy and Sunny (who is still with us and coping poorly with the loss of her companion) found their humans; we were, respectively, not looking for a dog. They simply made their way into our lives. So actively searching for a new dog to enter our life has been... difficult.
But life trucks on.