Monday, January 24, 2011

Friggid

It's cold. I'm indoors (19 floors up, so my fat ass heat rises), under several layers, frantically giggling my legs to keep warm, and I'm still cold.

I have no good reason to post other than the hope that sharing my soul crushing coldness will somehow help alleviate the sense that it will never be warm or bright again. Snuggled at home last night in front of a large electric heater, I had such lofty goals such as dishes, laundry, dog walking, and hitting up kickboxing tonight. But right now, sitting in my frigid office wondering how ridiculous would I look if I put my winter jacket on and would anyone judge me for it and more importantly would I care because at least I wouldn't die of exposure -- right now I just want to go to sleep.

Somewhere warm. Go to sleep somewhere warm.

Edit:
I seem to remember, as part of my manditory Canadian survival training -- which includes, but is not limited to, proper snowball throwing etiquette, igloo survival, and how not to get eaten by a fucking bear -- that sleepyness is one of the stages of hypothermia.

I should care, but I'm too breaking cold.

Oh, and I'm not over-reacting! Yes, it's been colder, but when it's a balmy -35C (-31F for you 'murricahns), I'm allowed to say that it's the next freaking ice age! Godamn, I want to be warm again.