I'm restless.
This happens every now and again. I spent my childhood getting to do a fair amount of traveling, nothing terribly exotic but with all my extended family being elsewhere, visiting always involved a plane or a few days in the car. It's left me with a pressing need to be moving.
The last big trip I took to see family was four years ago (five? Oh god, time is slipping away). It was the first trip I'd taken in a long time that was just me, traveling alone. I loved it so much I did it again the next year, a trip just for myself. But I've been stationary every since and it's beginning to chafe.
My friends can be divided into two groups. Those who nod their head in sympathy, while quietly thinking that hours spent in an airport waiting for a flight sounds like the worst level of hell. And those whose eyes light up with an intensity of focus, saying Yes. Yes. Take me with you. It seems you have itchy feet or you don't.
And my feet are itching something fierce.