Sometimes it truly does feel as if coffee is this magical force with puppet strings, keeping your arms and legs moving long after you've gone to sleep.
So as I sit here clutching my coffee mug like an addict clutching his last cigarette, my brain is utterly devoid of important thoughts, beyond my mantra of "5 more hours till sleep... 5 more hours till sleep..."
The only other flicker of intelligence in my otherwise powered-down brain is that tonight I'm going to try kickboxing.
My wonderful friends are all MMA enthusiasts, some of them with extensive martial arts backgrounds already, and they begun taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a few months back. The dojo they are currently training at also has a kickboxing program which, with their forceful encouragement and minor threats of ass kicking, I will join.
As much as I love watching GSP in all his masculine glory, I find it ridiculous and utterly hilarious to ever imagine me in all my white whale glory doing anything combative. This is not about proving the size of my cajones (which are huge, by the way), and more about finding something that will kick my fat ass into gear and hopefully kick the fat off my ass in the process.
So yes, I will continue to expound upon all things news-worthy and politically juicy, but this is my little corner of the internet so I will also document the journey of Big Girl Kicking©. The goal? 15-20lbs gone by New Years, 70lbs by April 2011.
Who knows. This time next year maybe I'll join the MMA circuit, now that it's legal in Ontario. Eh?
Probably not.