Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lingerie and Murder?

I've been trying to wrap my brain around something I was going to talk about, but I'm at this impass where I'm interested, not educated enough, and mildly worried I'll come across as a nut job.

If this has peaked your curiosity, let's just say I've been doing some research on James Lovelock, and leave it there for now.

In other news, crazy psychopathic murdering raping army colonel. WTF.

Working inundated with news, as I am, it's pretty hard not to listen, read, and engage in the buzz Russell Williams' arrest has made. The variety of bizarre details attached to this story just makes for sensational reading.

Personally, my psychologists curiosity is totally humming. I'd love to get my hands on his psych profile. I had an amazing psychopathology (and criminal psychology) course with a great teacher (Philip Firestone) and although I readily realize my own limitations and unability to work in that field, it's difficult not to be facinated. The how and why a brain "goes wrong" is just... mind boggling.

I keep trying to read through all the sensationalist crap and dig into details of his life, but the news is (naturally) biased. Although I'm not convinced his cross dressing and underwear stealing is really at the heart of the violence and murder, it makes for far better reading.

Hmmm. I will percolate and hopefuly write something with more substance later.